INTEGRATION PROJECT AND FINAL NEWS LETTER 

around early June, i completed my two year mission service in sierra Leone and traveled back to Zambia where i started my two months integration project with the Zambia united Methodist annual conference youths that i am completing on Friday the 31st of august.When i started my GMF journey in 2021 i was full of energy and was ready to serve.I expected to face challenges in a different ways, but i ended up facing them differently, some of the challenges included difficulties in dealing with people from a different culture, different ways of worship and many more, at times the challenges slowed my work down but every time i faced them i always went back and reflected on the first bible verse i learnt from Sunday school John 3:16. this verse always reminded me of how much of God's love i have experienced in my life through his people, starting from my family to strangers i never expected to get love from. and i realized the only way i can ever repay such amount of love is by extending the same love to other people regardless of their social status, religion or race.Not only that during my journey i came across a quote from john Wesley"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can". both the verse and the quote kept me going and still keeps me going up to date.

INTEGRATION ACTIVITIES zoom meeting with the umc youths.
I did my integration project with the youths from the Zambia UMC annual conference, organizing the whole activity in two months was a bit challenging but by the grace of God i managed to organize a zoom meeting with the youths where we talked about gardening, income statement and brainstormed on different projects that they could start to help them raise funds for their daily youth activities.A lot of thanks goes to Hannah Hanson the director of young adults mission services for the great support she gave and being more patient with me as i planned all this from the start to the end.

TRAINING ON GARDENING AND NUTRITION WITH THE LOCAL PEOPLE FROM KAZOMBA COMMUNITY
in honor of my sierra Leone placement site,village to village federation, i conducted a two days training on gardening and nutrition with the local people from kazomba community. i did not have a large number like we used to have in sierra Leone,but i was happy to see a few people showing interest in learning that really made me feel honored. the first day we covered different topics on gardening which included the types of crops to grow, how to grow them and the post harvest handling process of the crops in question. at the end of the training i shared a few seeds that i bought for them which included, tomatoes, cabbage, onion, rape and Chinese cabbage.
the following day we covered the nutrients found in the crops we discussed earlier and how they help in improving nutrition.                                                       
    


ANNUAL CONFERENCE AND A VISIT TO MUJILA FALLS
around early July i attended the zambia annual conference that was presided by the bishop for south Congo, Bishop Owan Kasap Tchibang. i had an amazing experience at the conference, i had a chance to be part of the development commission committee where i met up with a few global missionaries serving in Zambia,and we discussed about different ways on how the conference can be developed. i was able to share my ideas that i have for the youths and the church and how we can use different agriculture projects to develop the conference.During the conference, i did one of my itineration activities where i talked about the global mission fellows program and interacted with a lot of people that showed interest.
after the end of the conference i made a day trip to mujila falls to just visit the site and learn a few things from what missionary Temba is doing. i was really Glad to find different projects that are currently in existence. unfortunately i did not get the chance to meet with Temba, but i had a warm welcome from his wife and child. Mr Hamilton Muyumba the site manager did an amazing job explaining to me the new activities that are currently taking place.In summary the trip was really worth it.










REMARKS
first i would like to thank God the almighty father for granting me the gift of life, skills and talents that i used to serve. secondly i pass my gratitude and thanks to all the people that supported my journey as a GMF special thanks goes to the Wisconsin, Minnesota and east Ohio annual conferences and churches that signed covenants with me and supported me through prayer and donations, may the good lord continue blessing them.Main thanks goes to Paul Webster the founder of mujila falls agriculture center for the amazing support and guidance.
My other thanks goes to the global mission fellows office and all the staff, their patience with me and all the trainings that were offered really transformed my life and now i can proudly say i see differently. and lastly i say thank you to my family for always being there for me during the ups and downs.
zikomo!!!!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training on nutrition and gardening in preparation for this years rainy season